The following is offered as an introduction to Dr. Tanner. It briefly denotes her education and certifications that lead to her qualifications as a practitioner.
Dr. Tanner holds the following board certifications:
- ANCC (American Nurse Credentialing Center) Family Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- ANCC Adult Psychiatric/Mental Health Clinical Specialist
- ANCC Child & Adolescent Psychiatric/Mental Health Clinical Specialist
- Board certified Diplomate by the American Academy for Anti-Aging Medicine
- Certified Master Psychopharmacologist by the Neuroscience Education Institute
Formal education is as follows. She received academic excellence recognition from all of the institutions from which she graduated.
- Doctor of Human Behavior, PhD, Newport University, California.
- Doctor of Clinical Hypnotherapy, DCH, American Institute of Hypnotherapy, LaJolla, California
- Master of Science, MS, in Nursing, specialty of Psychiatry, Texas Women’s University, Houston, Texas
- Bachelor of Science, BS, Nursing, University of Texas, Galveston, Texas
- Diploma, Northwest Texas Hospital School of Nursing, Amarillo, TX, graduating first in her class
She is an Associate Professor, School of Psychosocial Nursing, University of Washington.
While Dr. Tanner is required to complete 175 hours of continuing education every five years, she has averaged over 600 hours every five years consistently. She has more than demonstrated her willingness to invest considerable time and financial resources to maintain current state of the art knowledge and practice.
Dr. Tanner is also a Past President of the Association of Advanced Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (AAPPN), which is the State Association for Psychiatric ARNP’s. This is a three-year position consisting of President Elect, President and Immediate Past President. She was the leader of this organization when ARNP’s completed their prescriptive authority allowing for the prescribing of Class II through IV controlled substances.
Dr. Tanner is current a member of AAPPN, Child and Adolescent Psychosocial Nurses, and the Association of Anti-Aging Medicine.
Dr. Tanner holds the following professional licenses:
- Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner, ARNP
- Registered Nurse, RN
- Drug Enforcement Administration, DEA
Dr. Tanner has worked in many settings including hospitals, administration and clinical practice. She brings her thirty years of experience and knowledge to your care.
On a personal note, her hobbies include artistic needlework, horseback riding and gardening. Dr. Tanner is an award winning needlework artist. Her equine sport of interest is endurance racing where she has received many awards for endurance riding competitions. She is a loving and devoted mother to her daughter, Morghan Austin.